However some users met some importing problem with editing RED RAVEN film in FCP X. The FCP X window got stuck and grey for a long time until they force quit FCP X. Well, the reason to the problem is your Mac may not have the ability to process RED RAVEN film. In this situation, I would suggest you to transcode RED RAVEN film to Apple ProRes 422 HQ(*.mov) format with 1080p. BTY, Apple Prores 422 HQ codec is developed by Apple Inc. and .mov format supports for multiple audio tracks, so Apple Prores 422 HQ(*.mov) format is completely supported by FCP X.
If you want to know more about Apple ProRes, please check Types of Apple ProRes Codecs, Apple ProRes Info & Tips,Apple ProRes Specifications.
Now if you have the help from Pavtube Video Converter for Mac(Windows Version), then RED RAVEN film to Apple Prores 422 HQ(*.mov) conversion will be much quicker and easier.
Key Features about this Converter App
- Fully compatible with major Mac OS X operating systems like El Capitan, Yosemite.
- Process RED RAVEN film files to Apple Prores 422 HQ(*.mov) conversion in an amazingly speed.
- Additional video editor enables you to personalize RED RAVEN film before conversion.
- Many more preset profiles have been preset for you.
- Downgrade RED RAVEN film to 1080p.
- Amazon Store Download: http://www.amazon.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Mac-Download/dp/B00QIBK0TQ
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter/3000-2194_4-76179460.html
How to Work with RED RAVEN film Editable in FCP X
First of all, click "Add from folder" button in the main UI to browse and choose your RED RAVEN film files content folder(the home directory).
For working with RED RAVEN film files in FCP X, just click on the “Format” bar and follow "Final Cut Pro" to hit "Apple ProRes 422 HQ(*.mov)" as the right choice.
Click "Settings" to pop up “Profile Settings” window. You can resize RED RAVEN film by changing “Size(pix)” option to 1920*1080.
Once you are ready, go back to main UI and hit on the big "Convert" button to start converting RED RAVEN film files to Apple Prores 422 HQ(*.mov). After the conversion is finished, you can feel free to import and work with RED RAVEN film files in FCP X smoothly. Enjoy!
1. When converting Red footage using Final Cut Pro oriented format templates(e.g. Apple Prores), please ensure that your computer has Final Cut Pro installed, otherwise the converted files will have audio only without image.
2. If you are using FCP X, please make sure you have installed?ProApps QuickTime Codecs, or you may get files with sound only without video.
- Decode Samsung NX1 H.265 Videos to ProRes 422 HQ for FCP X
Edit ALEXA 65 Christmas Recordings in FCP X
- Convert nanoFlash MXF to ProRes MOV for FCP
- Work Sony HDR-PJ440 AVCHD Videos with FCP X
- Tricks for Importing Panasonic DMC-CM1 MP4 to FCP for Editing
- Convert Sony PMW-200 XDCAM MXF to FCP Preserving Multi-audio Channels